Jewish Family Service is the social service agency of the Jewish community in Eastern Fairfield
County. It is incorporated under the regulations of the State of Connecticut as a not-for-profit
organization, and operates in accordance with Federal Tax Regulations, Paragraph 501c3.
Our services are available to all Connecticut residents, regardless of faith or affiliation.
Staff, volunteers and clients are representative of the community at large. Our support comes
from public and private sources. JFS is governed by a board of directors consisting of volunteers. It is staffed by ten full-time-equivalent professionals and supported by more than 120 volunteers.
The organization is licensed and accredited by:
- Connecticut Department of Public Health
- Connecticut Department of Children and Families
- Council on Accreditation
Individual staff members hold the following
degrees and licenses, singly and in combination:
L.C.S.W., L.P.C., M.A. MFT, M.D., M.S., M.S. Ed.,
Jewish Family Service is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Connecticut Council of Family Service Agencies
- Association of Jewish Family and Children’s Agencies
- Jewish Center for Community Services, Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Jewish Federation of Greater Bridgeport
- UJA/Federation Westport · Weston · Wilton · Norwalk
- United Way of Eastern Fairfield County